"Great Lives: Peter Cushing" on BBC Radio 4 today (April 1st, 2008 - 4:30-4:56pm)

4 replies [Last post]

Andrés Verdú's picture
  • Online Status: Offline

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the extreme short notice on this announcement, but I only just found out about it. BBC Radio 4 will be broadcasting a programme about Peter Cushing today opening the latest series of "Great Lives" (a biographical series). A quote from the Radio Times online reads as follows:

"Great Lives

"Tuesday 01 April
"4:30pm - 4:56pm
"BBC Radio 4
"Peter Cushing is best remembered now for his roles in Hammer Horror films, be that warding off, initiating or succumbing to the forces off darkness. There was not a vampire that he couldn't lay low with the lethal combination of his garlic-heavy props and perfect diction. But today he is celebrated for his full and lengthy acting career by lifelong fan, the actor and writer Mark Gatiss. We even get to hear a harrowing, rat-infested clip from his performance as Winston Smith in a BBC TV's 1954 dramatisation of George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, the role that really launched his reputation as a fine British actor.

"RT reviewer - Jane Anderson" (see Radio Times | The ultimate TV, radio and film guide).

Those of you who are interested in listening to the programme can do so online from the BBC website. Here is a link to the BBC Radio 4 webpage BBC - Radio 4 - Home and the programme itself can be accessed at BBC - Radio 4 - Great Lives (and then by clicking on the button which says "listen to the latest edition"). The programme will be broadcast from 4.30-4.56pm (GMT) and repeated on Friday at 11pm. I think it may also remain available for a short time under the BBC "listen again" service, although I am not 100% certain about that. Anyway, take care and all the best:

Warmest regards,

Andrés

Helen Dyer's picture
  • Post Number: #1
Re: "Great Lives: Peter Cushing" on BBC Radio 4 today (April 1st

Andres, Thank You for the information... I hope everyone can enjoy this........

Cheers, Wink
Helen

Always Follow Your Hearts Desire

Steve Thompson's picture
  • Post Number: #2

Many thanks for that Andres, I shall attempt to listen to it as soon as possible.

http://www.steveader.co.uk/

Stephen Welbourn's picture
  • Post Number: #3

Many thanks for this. I did not manage to listen to it on Radio 4 but I will listen online. Thanks again.

Daniela Parsons's picture
  • Post Number: #4

Thanks so much for the information..I must see if I can listen to it online..the only chance for me...

Best wishes,
Daniela

www.christopherleeweb.com

Copyright 2000-2011 Christopher Lee Web. All rights reserved. | Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Statement | Contact Us | Top of Page