Captain Kronos Reuinion Cine Lumiere London 29th March 10:00 - 17:00

37 replies [Last post]

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Online Status: Offline

Don Fearney is organising a full days reunion with Kronos himself Horst Jansen as the guest of honour.
Caroline Munro, John Cater and Brian Clemens are all expected to appear as well as others yet to be announced.
The cost for the day which will also feature Kronos on the big screen with Vampire Circus and one other Hammer Horror will be a mere £30.00 .
Guests will not be charging for autographs.
The new CD Soundtrack for the movie will also be available to buy as will the Legend Of Hammer Vampires documentary . This features a lot of behind the scenes footage from Christopher Lee's Dracula films especially Taste The Blood Of Dracula.

Contact Don on 020 8806 6915 to express your interest or book a ticket

Joakim Lundberg's picture
  • Post Number: #1
Re: Captain Kronos Reuinion Cine Lumiere London 29th March 10:00

Thanks for the info Matt. This shouldn't be all that to impossible to attend.

Steve Thompson's picture
  • Post Number: #2

The Legend of Hammer Vampires sounds very interesting, I enjoy anything with behind the scenes footage. Is that on DVD.

Cheers
Steve.

http://www.steveader.co.uk/

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #3

Steve Thompson;38493 wrote:
The Legend of Hammer Vampires sounds very interesting, I enjoy anything with behind the scenes footage. Is that on DVD.

Cheers
Steve.

Yes it is Steve.There's a lot of Christopher Lee footage in it but the best , for me anyway , is the extremely hard to find on set stuff from Taste The Blood Of Dracula.

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #4

Also confirmed to appear is Sara Durward herself....... Lois Daine. I don't think she's ever attended an event before. This really should be a great cast reunion

Georges Nahon's picture
  • Post Number: #5

Matt Gemmell;38490 wrote:
Don Fearney is organising a full days reunion with Kronos himself Horst Jansen as the guest of honour.
Caroline Munro, John Cater and Brian Clemens are all expected to appear as well as others yet to be announced.
The cost for the day which will also feature Kronos on the big screen with Vampire Circus and one other Hammer Horror will be a mere £30.00 .
Guests will not be charging for autographs.
The new CD Soundtrack for the movie will also be available to buy as will the Legend Of Hammer Vampires documentary . This features a lot of behind the scenes footage from Christopher Lee's Dracula films especially Taste The Blood Of Dracula.

Contact Don on 020 8806 6915 to express your interest or book a ticket

Hi Matt !

It is always a pleasure to have news of the events at the "Cine Lumiere" in London....actually Don Fearney and Wayne Kinsey make everything to be a great day for all the Hammer's movies fans....the place is just wonderful and a special mention to the guests who are so kind to chat with us for a while, take photos and accept to sign our documents.
Sure that will be another successful day for the organisers.
To come from France to London is not always easy but I shall do the best I can to be there at this event once again.
I have related, on the Web, with one of my friend the last event in October 2007 at the Cine Lumière on the French and Canadien website of Hammer films directed by his webmaster by Daniel Frenette in Montreal.
thehammercollection.net
There you can have a look and see the pictures of the guests who were there, including Janyna Faye, John Cater, and Ray Harryhausen. Just click on the link: events.
The film introducing Janyna Faye in :" Never Takes sweets from a stranger" (Hammer 1960) directed by Cyril Frankel was a very fine choice and an very interesting film to discover. And also the opportunity to have a copy of a wonderful book: "The Hammer Story" in its new version.
Just forgive my English...
Your faithfull french friend,
Georges Nahon

Georges Nahon

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #6

Georges
Thanks for the link and nice to hear from you.
I hope to see you at the event and don't apologise........your English is excellent.

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #7

Guests update, all from Kronos and all signing for free

Horst Janson ( Kronos)

Caroline Munro ( Carla )

John Cater ( Grost )

Brian Clemens ( Writer, producer, director )

Lois Dane ( Sara )

William Hobbs ( Hagen )

Lisa Collings ( Vanda Sorell )

Paul Greenwood ( Giles )

Stafford Gordon ( Barton Sorell )

Not long to go now and a few tickets left. Don't miss it.

David Pecchia's picture
  • Post Number: #8

This sounds so good. I wish I was able to attend. I am in the U.S. and going through some medical stuff now. How would I get a copy of The Legend of Hammer Vampires on DVD? I would love to get a copy.....does anyone have any information?

~Thank you,
David Pecchia

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #9

David Pecchia;39007 wrote:
This sounds so good. I wish I was able to attend. I am in the U.S. and going through some medical stuff now. How would I get a copy of The Legend of Hammer Vampires on DVD? I would love to get a copy.....does anyone have any information?

~Thank you,
David Pecchia

I hope everything works out for you David.

The DVD will go on sale at the event. After that you could contact Don at his home address ( Don Fearney, 25 High Hill Ferry, Bakers Hill, London E5 9HG ) for details on buying it direct from him. The expected price is £13.00.I've already seen the film and it's great stuff, a real collectors item.
Drop him a line. Don's always delighted to hear from new fans.

Colin Bushby's picture
  • Post Number: #10

This is so tempting, Ive booked a week off work commencing 29th, just by pure chance, I will have to try and persuade Janice tonight when I get in from work.

Hope to see you both again Matt & Georges, and anyone on else who can attend.

Cheers
Colin

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #11

It would be great to see you and Janice again Colin. I hope you make it.
It's a flying visit for me as I'm taking the first plane down and the last one home as I'm on a Monday - Friday rota these days......... which is pretty nice after years of shifts.

Cheers , Matt

David McConkey's picture
  • Post Number: #12

Hi Matt
I will be flying over from Belfast for this, hope to see you again after meeting you at Bray. The line up looks good, this is going to be a popular one
Dave.

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #13

Hi David
I'll see you there, I was talking to Don just the other day. Shane Briant can't make it as he's on a skiing holiday but Wanda Ventham is a possibility.
Aside from these two he's managed to assemble most of the cast. I think you'll agree Horst & Brian Clemens are a major coup.
It should be fun

Cheers , Matt

• Post Number: #14

I hope you all have a wonderful time. I had hoped I could attend this event but unforunatly no.
Would've been nice to meet you all. It's five years since I met Matt and Colin.
I have recently seen the film and enjoyed it a lot.

Shane Briant is excellent just as
he is in my favourite Frankenstein film. Frankenstein and the monster from hell. Horst Janson is very good looking in his tight trousers and no shirt on. A very good actor.
They never make films like this anymore. No macintosh or pc made films back then. It was all made on the spot. Marvelous.
Will certainly write to Mr Fearney and get the documentary.
Thanks for the address Matt.

Steve Thompson's picture
  • Post Number: #15

Hello all.
Sounds as if it will be a great event. I have to admit that I have never been to a Hammer related film convention before.The last Sci-Fi convention I dropped in on was in Manchester, a couple of years ago and met a few related actors. Managed to get a pic with Andy Serkis and autograph. I'm a bit out of practice with them, due to work and so on.
I have to say, that if this event was nearer home, I would probably pop in and hopefully get to chat to some of you fans in person. The chance of meeting the lovely Wanda Ventham would be a big plus as well ..... very sexy .... and still is.
Hope you all have a great time.

http://www.steveader.co.uk/

David McConkey's picture
  • Post Number: #16

Something I put together from screengrabs.

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #17

Nice one Dave. It would even be worth printing and getting it signed.Especially when the signings are free.
Of course you'd have to sign it too, being the artist.

Colin Bushby's picture
  • Post Number: #18

Everybody who manages to go have a great day.

We have decided to go to Loch Ness for a week instead, so we have booked a lodge on the shores of Nessy.

Matt, if you live nearby let me know.

Also may visit some Wickerman sites.

Cheers
Colin.

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #19

Colin
Have a great time. It's beautiful up there and I hope the weather's kind to you.
I live about 150 miles South of Loch Ness, much closer to Loch Lomond which is a favourite picnic area for me and the family.
Don't forget your camera............ you never know when Nessie might make an apearance.

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #20

The event was a great success. Vampire Circus was shown on the big screen first and it was a pretty good print.

After a short break Captain Kronos was shown then a few hours were put aside for the signings to take place.

Dons documentary was on last and it looked great. Plenty of behind the scenes stuff most of which I hadn't seen before.

Caroline Munro was on top form as was John Cater, Brian Clemens and all the guests but this day really belonged to Kronos himself, Horst Janson.
I can't believe he's over 70, he looked amazing and seemd as sprightly as he did all those years ago as he fenced with Lord Durward ( Wiiliam Hobbs who was also there )
Everyone took time with the fans and signed as many items as they could, all free of charge. Horst had a great time and was delighted to see the reaction from the fans.

I've posted a photo I took of him and Brian Clemens on the members photos section. You can see his Kronos ring on his right hand........... how cool is that ?
Message - Multimedia Gallery

• Post Number: #21

Wished I've could have been there but alas not so. I hope similar events are planned in the near future. Better start getting that documentary.

Colin Bushby's picture
  • Post Number: #22

Great photo Matt, he's hardly changed!
Wish I was there, you must write something about the day.
Did you meet many CL members?

Cheers
Colin

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #23

Cheers Colin. It really was a brilliant day. Nothing beats hanging about the bar with people whom you've admired on the big screen for all those years.
These events are unique in that they give fans the chance to interact with the guests in a relaxed atmosphere.
The event was attended by aprox. 150 fans. Don rarely allows any more in order to keep it on a more personal level.
I spoke with many fans of Christopher Lee but none were members of this site.
I hope you had a nice time at Loch Ness. Put some pics up at the members section ............ especially if Nessie is in them.

David McConkey's picture
  • Post Number: #24

A photo of Horst Janson and William Hobbs.
William Hobbs played a vampire in Captain Kronos and fought Janson in a superb swordfight at the end. William Hobbs is reguarded as the best fight arranger on stage and screen and was the fight arranger on "The Three Musketeers" working with Christopher Lee. Infact there is a photo of a young Christina Lee and William Hobbs fencing in Mr Lee's personall photos on this site.

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #25

Matt Gemmell;39206 wrote:
I spoke with many fans of Christopher Lee but none were members of this site.

Oops apart from David McConkey. Sorry Dave, this senility is driving me mad. Shock:stupid:

Martin Thomas's picture
  • Post Number: #26

Hello... new member to this forum... and my first post. I was at the Kronos reunion... only my second Hammer event and I loved it.

Matt is right about Horst J being charming. And the others too. Well worth the trip up to London from Devon. I got some nice group shots.... will try to figure how to upload them. Any London based members remeber Jimmy Sangster is at the BFI this Tuesday eve... can't be there, but it sounds wonderful too.

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #27

Hi Martin
Always nice to see a new member. I can't make the BFI event but I've been to quite a few talks with Jimmy Sangster. He's great value and very candid.
I think Jimmy enjoys these events just as much as the fans.
If you can make it I'm sure you'll have a great time.
It'll be cool to see Taste Of Fear on the big screen.

Martin Thomas's picture
  • Post Number: #28
Re: Captain Kronos Reunion Cine Lumiere London 29th March 10:00

Thanks Matt, I didn't get to London yesterday for Jimmy Sangster's eve at the BFI, but wil certainly go to another Bray day iof Don F organises one as he was hoping.

Cheers for now, martin

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #29

I've just finished watching Don Fearneys excellent documentary on Hammers vampire films which was shown at the Kronos event. It's easily the best documentary on Hammer for quite some time. Not only does it feature loads of rare stills but the commentary from Edward De Souza adds a touch of class.
There are new interviews from Caroline Munro, Tudor Gates, Carol Marsh and many others but best of all is some of the behind the scenes stuff. The colour footage from Frankenstein Created Woman with Peter Cushing walking around the Bray backlot looks like it was filmed yesterday.There are brilliant behind the scenes shots from Taste The Blood Of Dracula & Dracula AD 1972 with colour footage as well.
This was obviously a labour of love for Don who appears as a grave robber in the films opening sequence. Incidentaly, the first ten minutes looks and feels like a Hammer Horror film should ............. unlike this Beyond The Rave nonsense.

Matt Gemmell's picture
  • Post Number: #30

The Legend Of Hammer Vampires DVD Cover

Vamp.jpg
www.christopherleeweb.com

Copyright 2000-2011 Christopher Lee Web. All rights reserved. | Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Statement | Contact Us | Top of Page